Posts Tagged ZOOLOGY NOTES
This book covers every topic in biology that is asked in various PMTs. It serves as a manual for medical entrance examinations giving you an overview of the complete biology syllabus.
This book is based on my notes which I had prepared myself while preparing for PMTs. You need not study from any other material of any coaching institute to supplement this book. I expect atleast 90-95% questions in biology in the PMTs from this book.
I have written this book with a view to prevent students from being misguided by surplus, irrelevant information provided by books currently available in the market or by various PMT coaching institutions.
– RAHUL CHAWLA
ALL INDIA TOPPER OF BHU-PMT 2008
Salient Features :
1. This book contains all very important and frequently asked questions from biology in factual form derived from the previous years’ question papers of all medical entrance
2. A collection of 100+ mnemonics; some of which have been collected from the study materials
of various PMT coaching centres and the internet while the majority of them have been prepared by author himself. Such a collection is not to be found elsewhere.
3. It also contains tips for solving questions, FAQs regarding preparation methods, study techniques, suggestions and advice regarding the entire preparation as well as last minute
4. Flow charts, tables, cycles have been incorporated in a notes wise format for better comprehension and easy learning.
5. Well labelled diagrams (NCERT based) for AIIMS, CBSE-Mains, Karnataka CET, and Manipal etc. have been included.
6. All the important terms and facts have been highlighted by using italics or bold fonts and the lesser important ones have been written in smaller fonts while the necessary superfluous
information has been omitted.
7. Also covers additional topics asked in different state-level examinations.
8. At least 90-95% questions in biology in PMTs are expected from this book.
9. Even a below average student can crack the exam after reading this book.
10. This book also covers additional topics asked in different state-level examinations.
11. Questions from the current editions of NCERT biology are asked in various exams including AIIMS, AIPMT, DPMT; while AMU and DPMT draw questions even from very old editions of NCERT biology; keeping this in mind, I have compiled chapter-wise points from three editions of NCERT biology (1999, 2006, 2008).
12. Atleast 90-95% questions in biology in the PMTs are expected to come from this book.
I am currently pursuing MBBS from Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjang Hospital, New Delhi. I had topped BHU-PMT-2008 all over India and was the 2nd ranker in VMMC as well as MP-PMT. I have authored two books titled Handbook of Biology -a last minute revision guide for medical entrance examinations and Biology @ your fingertips – a complete guide for medical entrance examinations, which are going to be released soon by Galgotia publications. I have also launched a website http://www.pmtgurumantra.com to guide the students preparing for the medical entrance examinations, to clear their doubts and to provide them all necessary information, examination details, previous papers etc. at the click of a button